Saturday, March 19, 2022

When Life Gives You A Rainy Day, Play In The Puddles

Hello crafty friends, today I am back to share some inspiration for the Paper Nest Dolls.

 Summer as come to come to an end in Australia, but as we said goodbye to Summer it started to rain! You may think that is a welcome thing considering our Summers in Australia can bring drought, but the only problem was that it rained and rained and it rained non stop for a couple of weeks! To the point of floods & constant stormy weather. 

I couldn't spend time in the Sun in my garden & it genuinely wasn't safe to go out driving in the wet weather. When things start to bring me down I like to spend time in my craft room. It is my therapy
 & I am sure a lot of you can relate. 





That is why for my card today I have chosen the image called "Rainy Day Owen."
He was such a fun & cute image to colour. 

Before I coloured my image with Copics, I firstly used the masking technique & shaded the background with some distress ink. This was a first for me so I will definitely practice more in the future.
   



Copics:
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20
Hair: E41, E43, E44, E47
Clothes & Duck: Y11, Y15, Y19, B12, B14, B16, B18
Boots & Boat: R24, R27, R29
Puddle: B000, B00, B01


For my card I started with a 5x7 base then topped with some pretty yellow gingham paper. I then stuck my coloured image on top using some double sided tape for dimension & embellished with some clear crystals.



Rainy Day Owen is available in digi here


Supplies:
Sentiment: Computer Generated
Ink: Tim Holts Distress Ink - Mermaid Lagoon
Paper: Doodlebug Design - Gingham Petite Prints
Accessories: Buttons Galore and More Sparkletz


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

Noelene x



No comments:

Post a Comment