Saturday, November 21, 2020

Ice Princess

 Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. Wow can you believe we are almost at the end of the year! Where has 2020 gone! Have you put your Christmas decorations up yet? Or do you wait till the beginning of December? I always start in November as I find things get so busy in December & before you know it they have to come down again. So I like to enjoy it a little longer :D

Do you make your own decorations?  With that in mind I would like to share with you my inspiration today for the Paper Nest Dolls using a non Christmas stamp called Ice Princess, you may remember this stamp from the previously released Princess Collection.



Last year I purchased some plastic domes from a craft store, got busy & put them aside. Well this year I decided it's time I did something with them. I coloured my image & fussy cut it. I created the background by cutting out X-press It paper into an oval shape using a die as close to size as to the dome as possible. I trimmed the sides & bottom till it fit into the insert of the dome. I coloured it with Copics, sprinkled gesso & added some star die cuts.



I then got 2 exact size small strips of cardstock of about 8cm & no wider than my image & glued them together. I did this to make  my stand thick & sturdy so it will hold my image upright. I scored about 3cm in at one end & 1cm in at the other. I folded it upwards. I glued my image to the front of the 3cm fold then the background to the front of the 1cm fold. This is to hold my image & background in place once it is inside the dome.


 Next I brushed some antistatic powder inside the dome, same as you use for embossing stamps. This is so the fake snow doesn't stick statically to the plastic, although as you can see from my pics some still did.



Then I inserted the images into my dome & added a small amount of hot glue to the back of the backdrop & stuck it to the rim of the dome. Lastly I carefully added the fake snow, closed it up & glued some more snowflake die cuts & embellished with ribbons, flowers & berries. 



I have to admit, taking a photo of this was a little bit difficult because of the reflections. It looks better in real life, I promise ;)

Ice Princess is available in rubber here & digital stamp here.

Supplies:

Stamp: Paper Nest Dolls - "Ice Princess"
Colouring: Medium Copics
Accessories: Plastic Dome Bauble, Spellbinders Charming Christmas Boughs & Petite Oval Dies, Fake Snow, Gesso, Magnolia Doohickey Dies Vol 23, Seam Binding, Berries & Flowers from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

Noelene x



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment