Thursday, April 18, 2024

Box Card Rainbow Unicorn

Hello Crafty friends, today I want to share how I made this cute Rainbow Unicorn Box Card with you!


For my card I chose the Box Card Rainbow (SVG, Silhouette). The Rainbow card is cute on its own, but I wanted to add a little touch of magic to my card, so I have also added the Unicorn from the Unicorn Card (SVG, Silhouette).

To start I opened both files on separate pages in Silhouette. I then copied & pasted my unicorn to the page with the Box Card Rainbow. From here I was able to resize the Unicorn to fit with my Rainbow as the original was a lot larger.


I wanted this to be a Birthday card, so I swapped out the sentiment by typing a new one using the Samantha Craft font then I print & cut.


To start I glued the little black piece to the back of Unicorn shape that has the holes cut for the eye & nostril. Then I added more glue & pasted this on top of the solid Unicorn shape.


After cutting all my pieces I glued the coloured panels onto my white corresponding pieces.


I then folded the tabs on my Rainbow shapes. The back & middle pieces I folded to the front. The small one at the front I folded to the back. Next I glued them all into place one at a time starting from the back, by first doing one side then gently folding the card flat as I go to make sure it placed evenly before I glued the tab on the other side. 


Then I added some foam squares to the back of the Unicorn & front Rainbow/Cloud & Cloud pieces to get some dimension on the card.


Lastly I adhered the cloud pieces & my Unicorn onto the card & finished off with some Star & Heart enamel stickers to embellish.


The box card folds flat to fit into 5x7 envelope!


I love how this turned out!

Supplies:
Paper: Doodlebug Design - Petite Prints
SVG File: Lori Whitlock - Box Card Rainbow & Unicorn Card
Accessories: Doodlebug Design Shape Sprinkles


For more inspiration, check out my Instagram!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

Noelene :)  













No comments:

Post a Comment