Saturday, June 27, 2020

Artist Emma

Hello everyone, do you ever have moments where you just don't feel inspired to create? I have to admit, with the craziness of everything going on in the world & being very busy with life, I felt like I lost a bit of my mojo recently.  I was in my craft room & just didn't know where to start. I pulled out some of my images that had been coloured & waiting to be made into projects. I came across this cute doll from Paper Nest Dolls called Artist Emma. I will let you in on a little secret. This was the very first PND image I ever coloured. I coloured her back in August of 2018, almost 2 years ago.




She looks very artistic with her paint pallet & brush, so she became my inspiration. I decided to create a simple background using a rainbow, which to me is a symbol of hope & promise. Well at least in my craft room!  I pulled out my Tim Holtz Distress Markers, chose some rainbow colours & coloured directly onto my rubber stamp. I then spritzed it lightly with some water before I stamped the image onto my paper. This created the painted rainbow effect. It took me 3 tries, because the first 2 times I sprayed too much water, which put blobs onto my rainbow. Now how good is that final result?




I then created the base with layers of dies & decorated with some flowers. Simple & easy but very effective. I did intend to turn this into a card.........but it looks so cute on my mini easel in my craft room. I think I just might leave it as a display for now ;) 




Artist Emma is available as a rubber stamp here & also in digi format here.

Supplies:
Stamp: Paper Nest Dolls "Artist Emma" Stampin Up "Work of Art"
Ink: Memento - Grape Jelly
Paper: Lemoncraft - Everyday Spring Collection
Colouring Medium: Copics, Tim Holtz Distress Markers
Accessories: Magnolia Doohickey Volume 13, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, WOC Flowers


Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment